miércoles, 22 de septiembre de 2010

MY BEST PRESENT
I know that for a lot of people this choice will be very difficult to make but not for me. The best present I ever received is my dog, BELTXI.

It was Christmas, 2006, just a day before Olentzero. I was having dinner with my family: my parents, my sister and me. Suddenly my parents told us that they had to speak with us. I didn’t know what was happening, and, of course, I didn’t expect what was going to happen. They told us that they had made a decision: next day we were going to the doghouse to take a dog!!! It was the best new I ever received.

That day I was thirteen yeas old and it was the best day of my life. But I had to struggle a lot before that day. When I realized that I couldn’t have a donkey at home I started asking for a dog. Every birthay my family ask me what I want as a present, and I used to give the same answer: a dog. Every Christmas I used to write to the magic kings and I used to ask them for a dog. That was my dream and finally I got it.

Beltxi was my first dream, that’s why I never gave in and that’s why I love her so much.

1 comentario:

  1. Good Maria. Good use of past continuous. Did you really want a donkey for a pet?? A bit of constructive criticism:

    The best present I've ever received...(not...I ever...)

    Every birthday my family would ask me what I wanted...

    you 'give in' to a temptation. Did you mean to say: I never 'gave up'?

    ResponderEliminar